Monday, August 01, 2011

Special Ramadan Deal for Orange Users!

Special Offer -- Repeat of the Orange Deal for the Muslim month of Ramadan -- Jews can get it on the deal too, if they act now! (Ramadan started yesterday).

If you're an Orange(tm) mobile phone user in Israel, there's a super secret phone offer for the "Arab sector" that can be used by anyone who happens to find out about it (hence, this special notification from Jameel at the Muqata) .

If you call the number *8080 from your Orange cellphone, you will be connected to an Arabic language voice menu. Press 7, wait about 10 seconds, and then press 1 (listen for the word "wachad" (or "1" in Arabic)

You will receive an SMS from Orange for 2000 free SMS messages! Last time, this only applied between the nighttime (Ramadan party hours) hours of 9:30 PM and 5:00 AM...however I believe this time, its to all Israeli cellphones at all hours of the day. (I'm still checking). Note: It can take up to an hour to receive the SMS from Orange...I guess this post is working to ensure everyone can take advantage of the Ramadan offer :-)

I have personally validated this!

Don't thank me, I'm a giver....



Visiting Israel?
Learn to Shoot at
Caliber-3 with top Israeli Anti-Terror Experts!


Follow the Muqata on Twitter.

Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד

9 comments:

Rafi G. said...

when I call the *8080 it tells me the number is "aino murshe".
I guess it only works if they identify the number as coming from an Arabic area, like the muqata..

Anonymous said...

Tried it from Derech Chevron in J'lem and got an Arabic menu, but no SMS.

Anonymous said...

Success! It took almost an hour, but my SMS arrived. So it works from Derech Chevron during daylight hours. (The other side of D' Chevron is the mixed Arab/Jewish Abu Tor n'hood)

Rafi G. said...

the other option is that perhaps whatever plan i am currently on prevents me from joining other plans...

Meir, Ariel said...

It worked for me, althought the SMS took a while to arrive.
Thanks Jameel:)

neshama said...

All Israeli products sold in Arab areas are cheaper than in Israel proper, so ................Is it cheaper???

Anonymous said...

thanks Jameel- mine worked in beit shemeshbut my arabic is a bit rusty- have you clarified for when these free sms'es apply

Gee a Moron said...

It worked for me near-instantaneously. But why is the confirmation message in Hebrew? I just confirmed by experiment that the Orange phone can receive SMS text in Arabic. Wouldn't that be the natural thing to do for this promotion?

anna said...

great posting collection

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails