Sunday, January 06, 2008

Magic in the Parasha!

There's a new blog I've gone to a few times over the past month called "Baal Mofes" -- the master of magic. He puts up videos of "miracles" (from the Tanach, and later) that he has recreated using "slight of hand," chemistry, or whatever it takes to convince people of a magic trick.

The 10 plagues are a major theme of last week's (and this coming week's) parashat shavua, so I thought it would be interesting to show a video of a very cool trick, and how's it done as well. Seems to me the "magicians" in Egypt could have learned a thing or two from Penn and Teller.



Since there's going to be alot of political posting this week, I thought to start it off with something different :)

Shavua Tov,

Jameel


Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael -- טובה הארץ מאד מאד

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. Blast-Off from P&T is classic. I've seen a few different performances of it. Im still trying to churn out some more good stuff.

Have a good week.

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails