Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Megilla MEME...in time for Pesach?

DovBear received the mesorah from RenReb and started the "What were you thinking about during the Megilla reading...MEME"

Granted, Purim was a week ago, and now Pesach is looming ahead, but since I was tagged by Chana, The Curious Jew, Chardal and WestBankMama, I'll try to recall what I was thinking.

1. Who legalized C4 plastic explosives for kids to use whenever Haman's name is mentioned? I have never heard such a loud explosion in my life as this past Purim megilla reading. Next year, its not going to happen.

2. If only I would review the leining, I would be able to lein megilla for my wife making all our lives alot easier. The Mrs. @ The Muqata even bought me a megilla for my 30th birthday, and I have no excuse. Hopefully next year. (Yes dear, you can quote me)

3. Is there anything blog-worthy I can extract from this experience of hearing megilla reading? Not really. But I do have to finish those parodies...and maybe even think of an award for the best ones. (note: Tuesday, today is the last day to vote for the CRIB awards)

I'm not tagging anyone with this MEME, since Purim's long gone, and there will be many more MEME's coming up anyway. The 4 Questions Pesach MEME. The 25 Dayeinu MEME. The 49 Days of the Omer MEME...



Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael

10 comments:

exsemgirl said...

Personally, I always wonder, where was I up to this time last year?
How much has changed?
How much have I grown?
Time flies...

Lab Rab said...

Jameel:

Somewhat of a tongue-in-cheek question here - but how many firearms per capita are present in your yishuv? Might that have to do with kids utilizing more "violent" methods for Haman noisemaking?

Exsemgirl:

They say that Purim is similar to Yom Hakippurim ...

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

LabRab: Its a country wide problem not localized at all to my yishuv. Spoke to someone from Beit Shemesh who could not believe the magnitude of the explosions.

Honestly? Next year the police, schools and shuls need to crack down on this and assur it altogether.

Oh, and just to prove a point, most of the kids in muqata-land brought bongo-drums (called darbukot in Ivrit) and banged away at those for Haman. Nothing like noar-hagvaot carlebachian influence...

:-)

(There were alot more bongo drums than there were fake guns)

Scraps said...

Most of what I was thinking of during megillah reading was, "I can't wait to get home so I can take something to get rid of this killer headache." Sad, but true.

(Enlighten a newbie--what's a MEME?)

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Scraps: a MEME is a quiz/question list you are passed by someone, and then you post your answers on your blog, and tag other people...so that they have to post their answers on their blog...and tag other people...and it goes on and on.

I'll make sure to tag you with the next one I'm sent...

New ones pop up every month or so.

the sabra said...

wonder what it stands for

bec said...

the only thing i was thinking during the megillah reading: why did i make this stupid haman effigy-grogger so heavy???? holding up and shaking a five and a half foot bad guy attached to a dowel is BREAKING MY ARMS!!!!!

DovBear said...

It doesn't stand for anything.

http://www.answers.com/meme&r=67

Chana said...

Humph.

I tagged you, too. Possibly even first.

Michael Kopinsky said...

What was I thinking about during the Megillah reading?

Making sure to stay standing up so I wouldn't fall asleep...

(This year will hopefully be the last year I pull an all-nighter on Taanis Esther. Actually, may this year be the last year I pull an all-nighter. Actually, may tonight be the last time I pull an all-nighter.)

(Stupid English class!!!!!)

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails