Tuesday, January 03, 2006

MEME-4. ARG.

Tagged by my Israeli political jousting rival, Olah Chadasha, I need to present the MEME4. (OK, we disagree...rival's a bad word...but couldn't think of one that describes having opposite viewpoints without sounding negative)

Here it is:

Four jobs I've had in my life -

Waiter at an upstate NY Jewish hotel
Camp Counselor at Sinai camp (UK Jewish youth group ... camp in the Lake District)
Chinese Restaurant Mashgiach
UNESCO - Teaching Networking and Computer Science to third-world professionals (is that an oxymoron?)
Update: I had to add in, that one great "job" I had, was to ghostwrite stand-up comedy material for my flatmate when I made aliya.

Four movies I could watch over and over:

When Harry met Sally
The Matrix
Italian Job
Finding Nemo (I've seen it a billion times as work)

Four places I've lived:

The Bronx
Jerusalem
Gush Etzion
Albuquerque (3 months over a 6 month period)

Four TV Shows I Love to watch (I rarely watch TV anymore...but I used to watch)

Friends
ER
The Practice
Law and Order

Four places I've been on vacation (I'm changing this since I rarely vacation...to places I've been to...on business)

Hong Kong
Finland
Manila
Los Angeles...Los Angeles...Los Angeles

Four websites I visit daily -

YNET.co.il
Haaretz.co.il
Rotter.net
Blogger.com (and the updated blogs on my blogroll)

Four of my favorite foods -

Pizza
Steak
Falafel
Entenmann's Chocolate Chip Cookies


Four places you'd rather be:
I wouldn't rather be anywhere. I'm thrilled to be where I am.

Four books I'll read over and over again

That's tough. I don't like re-reading books over and over again.

I'll have to think about this one...and update the blog.

Who gets tagged? JoeSettler's an obvious choice...but he hates these things.

1. Jerusalem Cop
2. LabRab
3. Suburban Hymns
4. The Purple Parrot...again.
5. Rock of Galilee


Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael

12 comments:

tafka PP said...

$%&*#~@!

What did I ever do to you?!

(You were a counsellor at Sinai Camp?)

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Parrot: That was a fun summer. My first and only time in the Lake District as well.

Heh...and not even Bnei Akiva Camp. Now I know all the ins and outs of NW London Jewish youth. (And they taught me the word, "Broigez" which I had never heard before.)

Jack Steiner said...

I could eat pizza every day. Yum.

Jerusalemcop said...

thanks for the tag.

How's the weather in the muqata today?

J.

ifyouwillit... said...

I've only eaten pizza today - not such a fan anymore.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

American Pizza is much better than Israeli pizza anyday (though Israeli falafel is the best).

The days are long gone when I could eat an entire pizza pie and my metabolism wouldn't even notice it.

JoeSettler said...

4 reasons to thank you.

tafka PP said...

I've done the stupid MEME. Tag me again and I'm coming to the Muqata to show you the outside-of-London meaning of the word "Broigez"!

MC Aryeh said...

The Italian Job - original or remake? Very interesting business travel destinations. What is the Jewish community like in Finland, other than small?

Ayelet said...

What grade would you give Italian Job in terms of sexuality content (immodestly dressed females, scenes, etc.)? It's been recommended to me but I'd like to know if I can watch it with the hubbie.

Oh, and I'm waiting for the post concerning my comment at Shifra's blog.

Irina Tsukerman said...

I have grave news for you: My experiment has been victim to an Ignoble Attack by the Ministry of Offense. Come help me count the casualties~ : D

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

MCAryeh: The new Italian Job. I've watched it a million at times at work (having a TV in my office with only one movie will do that to you) I even found a spiderman cameo appearance...which to this day, I have no explanation for.

I was in Finland for a 2 hour meeting...didn't see any of the Jewish community. Hong Kong was a blast, though. Spent many shabbatot there. Manila is the worst place on Earth. If I enever went there again, I would have no complaints. There's a very cheerful block letter message on the landing card application:
DRUG TRAFFICKERS WILL BE EXECUTED...and everything went downhill from there.

Ayelet: If I recall correctly, the only scene with with anything is in the first 3 minutes, when the lead actress gets a call from her father. She's in bed (by herself) and wearing PJs...she answers the phone...thats about it. It's over in about 14 seconds. Nothing worse than a NY City billboard...probably better than some ads in the NY Times.

And about children's books and authors...I'm working on it. Its going to take some time though. It will feature Mercer Mayer, Sandra Boynton...and many others. I first have to write some divrei torah for my son's upcoming bar mitzva...so I will be blogging less over the next 2 weeks.

Irina: Great new blog look...have fun with it!

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails